Friday, February 6, 2009

TGIF!!!!!

I am soooo happy it is FRIDAY!!! We don't really have any big plans for the weekend, but at least I will be at home and away from work. This past week has been a roller coaster ride at our house. On Monday night Jack Meredith decided that she wanted to stay up all night and cry. Nothing was wrong with her. She just felt like crying. So, needless to say Chad and I did not get any sleep that night. On Tuesday night Jack Meredith went to bed around 8:30 or 9 and things were looking good until.......Penny Lane started throwing up on the bed. She was sooo sick. A little after midnight Chad flipped on the lights and I jumped up wondering what in the world was happening. Then I smelled the worst smell ever!!! Apparently Penny Lane was unable to make it to her potty pad in the bathroom and she pooped all over the floor. The Hershey squirts is what Chad calls it. Yes, we are gross! So I had to clean all of that up. This continued all night long. Penny Lane was miserable and just could not get comfortable. She kept making circles around our heads and switching positions all over the bed. I was so worried that she had ate something that was tearing her up inside because when she did use the potty pad later that night, her poop was liquid and full of blood. Once again, we got no sleep that night either. That next morning we took her to the vet and they ran a few test. They didn't think she had ate anything sharp, but they did think she has a bacteria infection. So, she got a few shots to make things better and some medicine for us to take home and give to her. She is feeling sooo much better and just as hyper as can be. I am sooo glad she is okay. You know my dog is my second baby and I would be crazy sad if anything happened to her. Oh, don't worry, I took our comforter to the dry cleaners the very next day.

Last weekend Chad and I bought all new bedroom furniture. We got the coolest platform bed, dresser/mirror, 2 night stands, chest and an entertainment center. We still have a couple of more weeks before it will be delivered and I can't wait. Oh, and we got new king size mattresses too! The queen just wasn't cutting it anymore. I like lots of room and Penny Lane takes up all of the middle.

The reason I haven't posted any new pics is because when we went on that trip a couple of weeks ago with Brad and Dana, I left my camera. They found it and brought it home but I haven't been able to get it from them. We did have a really good time on the trip though. It was just nice to get away from everything. I did not get there until after 8 that Friday night. I thought I was going to be able to get off of work early, but that wasn't the case. That night we ate beef tenderloin with a peppercorn gravy and twice backed potatoes. Dana also made my cajun stuffed mushrooms to snack on before dinner. She did a good job ;) That night we just sat around and talked. I was exhausted from work and everything, so I went to bed at 1. The next day we ate breakfast and then just drove around Albert Pike and Shady Lake. Chad was dying to get out and fish, but it was too cold and I don't think he wanted to make everyone wait around. I had my fishing license, but seriously, it was way too cold that day. I Think the temp stayed in the low 30's that day. We came back and ate lunch, then I attempted to take a power nap. Couldn't fall asleep though. That night I made a baked, garlic salmon with a poncha train sauce. It is sooo creamy and good and LOADED with crawfish. I served it over wild rice and along side a warm bacon and spinach salad. YUMMY!!!! We played a game and everyone was ready for bed. The next morning we cleaned up and headed back to reality.

I am ready for a week long vacation. I NEED IT!!! Well, that's all for now. I PROMISE I will post some new pics soon of Jack Meredith. Take care and have a SUPER weekend!

No comments: