Friday, December 26, 2008

So, I am FINALLY posting!!!

****NOTE**** I am going ahead and publishing this because if I keep waiting to upload pics when I am at home I will never get it done. I will add pics sometime this week. 1/19/2008

This past month has been a blast as we prepared for Jack Meredith's first Christmas. After hours of shopping and present wrapping, I finally had everyone covered. I think my fav gifts were the one's that Chad and I did for our parents. For Chad's parents, all of the kid's went in on a donation to the Alzheimer's Association. For my parents, Chad and I and my bro's family went in on a gift card tree for my parents. Let's just say they will not have to cook for some time. I love Christmas time. It is such a wonderful time for family!



On the Dec. 19th Jack Meredith aslo had her 6 month well baby appt. She weighed 16lbs and 4oz. and she is 25.5 inches long. I can't believe how much she has grown. I never thought she would be bigger than Penny Lane and then POOF.....Just look and my angel baby now.....



Jack Meredith will be crawling any day now. She holds herself up and rocks back and forth on her knees, but then she just gets aggravated and falls over. SHE HAS NO PATIENCE!!! She likes to do this head burrowing thing. We moved her up to a few stage 2 foods last week just so she could get used to a different texture. She still mainly eats stage 1 veggies and fruits.



A couple of nights ago we had our first family bath in the jet tub and she LOVED it!!! She wasn't scared at all this time. I guess because Mommy and Daddy were both there. She splish splashed and I layed her across the water on her tummy and she just went to kicking those little legs. Every night before bathtime we have "naked time" too where she just hangs out in her diaper on our bed. That is Jack Meredith's favorite time of day! She hates wearing clothes.



We had our first little sick spell about a week or so ago. It was just a little cold and cough, but you know her Daddy was in a panic. I just have to say thank goodness for booger suckers. I took an RSV test home and it was negative. So, I knew she would get over it pretty soon. We kept her in our room with baby vicks on her chest and the humidifier on as well. FYI Mommy was sick too during all of this. Jack Meredith spent a few nights with GiGi and the days with Mam Maw while I was sick and when she was home Chad made me put on a mask before he would let me hold her. My sickness started before hers. I ended up with bronchitus, but luckily she just got a cold. I finally got over my sickness. I still have a cough, but it is progressively getting better.



Oh! Last month before Christmas I finally found a white Sequoia. Chad's uncle works at the Toyota dealership in Longview and he found the perfect one for me. It was traded in on a Friday and it was in my garage by Monday night. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! It is in excellent condition. Plus it has leather seats, dvd player for Jack Meredith and all of the other fun gadgets. I couldn't be happier with it. The third row seating will be great for trips and if we decide to extend the family :)



As of 1/5/09 I finally got to move to my dayshift Microbiology position and I love it. It is great to get off at 2:30 in the afternoon and have the evening to spend with Jack Meredith and Chad. Plus now I get to watch the new season of American Idol :) Well, maybe parts of it. It is just a great feeling to be home with my little family in the evenings. I actually get to cook dinner for a change. Which, if you know me, you know I love to cook. It is relaxing to me. Cooking dinner is a little bit different these days though. I have to work around Jack Meredith. So if she is sleeping I am usually chopping vegetables or doing something else in the kitchen. Eating dinner at home is much better than eating hospital food every night.

No comments: